2010-06-02

Fortress Of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem.

I am reading this book at the moment and I actually find it a little bit difficult to get into it.
I put it aside for a few weeks but just picked it up again today.
To my surprise I discovered a few underlined sentences, that I had already forgotten about.
My friend told me she loved the book and it's language...so I really want to get involved...but here are the words that had made an impression on me back then:

"The only thing that moved on the block were the boys in the traffic, like insects skating on the surface of a still pond, the one white skimming among the black."

"She had white paper and envelopes and stamps and days which refused to end-..."

"Nevins Street was a river of unhappiness running through the land of Dean Street."

No comments:

Post a Comment