2009-11-30

Paul Mc Carthy

...is widely considered to be one of the most influential and groundbreaking artists of today. Using the language and imagery of the all-pervasive American consumer culture he grew up with, his work distorts and mutates the familiar into the disturbing and carnivalesque. McCarthy first became known in the 1970s for his visceral performances and film works but during the 1990s extended his practice into stand alone sculptural figures, installations and most recently a series of large inflatable sculptures.

But what I like the most about his work are his sketches!
I couldn't find many of them online, but I found a few drawings in the swedish Magazine BON the other day, which I will scann and upload later...

Here are some I found:




No comments:

Post a Comment